Dead Space 3 in at number one in this weeks UK top 40 game charts
Dead Space 3 is the biggest launch of 2013 yet, going into the UK charts at number one…
EA’s Dead Space 3 claimed a comfortable victory in the UK charts this week, entering in at the number one position. The biggest launch of the year so far; the Xbox 360 version accounted for 65% of the sales, with PS3 representing 31% and PC just 4%. Following the trend of dwindling sales in the UK market, Dead Space 3 tracked sales at 26% lower than its predecessor, which went straight to number one when it launched back in 2011.
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed returns to the top ten, while Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of the White Witch drops to sixth place following a 63% slump in sales – perhaps due to the widespread stock issues.
Here’s the Top 10 for the week ending February 9:
1. Dead Space 3 (EA)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Black Op II (Activision)
4. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
5. Hitman: HD Trilogy (Square Enix)
6. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Namco Bandai)
7. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
8. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
9. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
10. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)